Friday, June 3, 2011

I don't think I can wear full skirts.

I was trying to build an outfit around this dear little tie. I love ties. I love manclothes on ladies, especially when paired with something super girly. Like a gold party skirt. Hey I tried!

Thrifted:
  • Esprit lambswool collared cardigan $7
  • Polyester manshirt $4
  • Ralph Lauren gold silk full skirt $6
  • Brown fake leather belt with burnished gold horsy buckle $2
  • Brown and cream tie $1
  • Brown mid-calf Dingo boots $20
  • Plastic/bakelite bracelets $4
  • Jewely pearly vintage clip-ons $2
Not thrifted:
  • Old knee socks $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • There's something just not right about this whole getup. I feel like if I had more time today I could fix it. I just look awfully thick I think. Maybe a different cardigan? Maybe if I wear a full skirt, I need to not be so layeredy on top? I don't know. Do you?
Total outfit cost: $46

1 comment:

  1. You figured it out without my comment: if the bottom of the outfit is full, go with a more fitted top so you don't come off overall voluminous. If the top part is big or bulky, go with a shorter or tighter bottom half. Mixy matchy is what I say!

    That said, I think this outfit ROCKED. Like you, I love ties & boy clothes used in a surprising way.

    ReplyDelete