Friday, June 10, 2011

I cut my bangs with pinking shears!

Thursday June 9, 2011 - How's about that for getting that jaggedy look? Resourceful, right? Maybe that's what everyone does, though, and I just don't know.

I had seen this picture on this blog - it's the kind of blog with lovely, clever people doing beautiful things, documented by a non-shitty camera. Anyway, I thought it was cool. So I tried it ("it" being a checked shirt with a flowered skirt). Not bad!

Thrifted:
  • Kingsport sixties boy's polyester/cotton red, white, & blue checked shirt $4
  • Beat-up old cowboy boots $10
  • Brown fake leather belt $2
  • Child's cheap necklace, ha ha, $1
Not thrifted:
  • Homemade skirt from scrap fabric (by me!) $0
    (Pattern from Sew Serendipity, this skirt is the one on the cover)
  • Knee socks $0. Oldness.
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the picture:
  • Can we really call this an outfit? I mean, it's a shirt and a skirt. Stretching it.
Total outfit cost: $17


No comments:

Post a Comment