Wednesday, June 1, 2011

As of today, I have lost 98 pounds

I am *trying* not to shop anymore. Even though it's only thrift, it still adds up and I can honestly say that I don't need a single goddamn thing. Instead, I'm trying to make sure that I actually wear everything that's already in my closet. It's sort of impossible to believe that I have so many options. Before, I had about nine things that I basically rotated around. Most of them were black. It was a fine way to live!

Now, with all these clothings, it's challenging to figure shit out, easy to forget what I have, and a little irresistible to just wear what I've already worn. I'm trying something new in which I choose one thing that I haven't worn and build an outfit around it. Today's thing is this white and lime green toile cotton jacket. I love toile! And I love lime green. Am trying not to be obvious and do some Ladies Garden party outfit with a lot of white and all that.

Thrifted:
  • The Tog Shop white/lime green toile cotton jacket $7
  • Random white cotton tank $3
  • Merrill 40s black wool pencil skirt $20
  • Vibram mid-calf lace up boots $24
  • Sheer black with gold stripes nylon scarf $1
  • Black/gold jewely clipons $2
Not thrifted:
  • Leopard skin tights $0 (they're old)
  • Anthropologie thin gold belt $28
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I think it needs a wider belt.
  • In theory this is a crazy time outfit: lime green toile, leopard skin tights, striped scarf. But in reality, it's kind of conservative. Or maybe that's just cuz of my blurry photo skills. Or maybe my crazytime gauge is permanently on the blink.
Total outfit cost: $85

No comments:

Post a Comment