Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yellow

Sunday May 22, 2011 - I'm trying something new here. All one color, almost. Also, no tights with my boots. I am So Bold!

I was thrilled to find this skirt at the Novato Goodwill. My friend and I had just seen the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met and among the pretty overwhelming amount of beauty was his way of ugly-pretty. Ripped up, tattered things with gorgeous things. Words fail so I won't try. Anyyyway, you can't tell from my shitey photo, but this skirt is deeply golden, layered and torn and stuff and I LOVE it.

Thrifted:
  • Odille golden full-ish cotton skirt $5
  • Harlene golden polyester sleeveless mock turtleneck $2
  • J Crew pretty golden ruffle neck cashmere/mix cardigan $7
  • Brown fake leather wide belt $2
  • Brown mid-calf Dingo boots $20
  • Sheer golden scarf $1
  • Ton of fake pearls, many that I've had forever, $4
  • Vintage jewel-y pearl clip-ons $2
Not thrifted: Nothing! Ha ha!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I think it would be cool if everything actually was one color, shoes too. Variations on a color, that is. Not entirely matchy.
Total outfit cost: $43

ADDENDUM: I changed the sweater to a different yellow - Flair Fashions, sunny lemon yellow, thick and wool. Now it's a bunch of different yellows and I like it. Better. See:

No comments:

Post a Comment