Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring

Thursday May 12, 2011 - Well, I like autumn and winter better. Cuz, y'know, I like to wear a sweater, aka a cardigan. Duh. But even I swoon to the tune of sunshine occasionally. Like today. Prettttty.

Thrifted:
  • Cotton Traders light blue cardigan $4
  • Joseph A. dark brown knit top $4
  • Vintage white plastic flower choker/necklace $14
  • Naturalizer brown ankle strap wedges $10
Not thrifted:
  • Homemade skirt from scrap fabric (by me!) $0
    (Pattern from Sew Serendipity, this skirt is the one on the cover)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I think it's time to say see ya to this cardigan. I love the color, but it's just a boring shapeless sweater. Not special enough.
  • This skirt is a little big and not all that flattering.
  • I didn't like the shoes while I was wearing 'em, but I think they look like the right shoe in the picture. Victory!
Total outfit cost: $32

P.S. Did you want to see a closeup of that cute necklace choker situation? I thought so. It is very sweet indeed.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, i hung out with you when you were wearing this outfit. i can verify it did look awesome i person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sweater is EXTREMELY cute. -Mark Fritzel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky! Excellent testimony to the validity of said outfit, and I'm only slightly embarrassed. BTW, I remembered that the whole reason I was hoping to connect with you was to hear about the dang powershift thing.

    Mark, you win, you are the most frequent commenter. And, who knew, also an expert on belts and cardis.

    ReplyDelete