Saturday, May 21, 2011

Running around

Saturday May 21, 2011 - Another sunny saturday at the inn, running around. I was in NY this week with my very stylish friend Allison where we both scored epically at some second hand shops (Fluevog boots!) (Fluevogs!). Also, the boots I've been looking for (another pair of boots) (yes, I bought two pairs of boots in NY and that is on top of the five pairs of shoes I had brought with me) (because I'm an idiot).

Thrifted:
  • Christie & Jill silk/cotton crimson cardigan $4
  • Lion Troy man's cream ruffled tuxedo shirt $7
  • Wide brown fake leather belt $2
  • Merrill 40s black wool pencil skirt $20
  • Vibram mid-calf lace up boots $24
Not thrifted:
  • Target black fishnets $7
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Black skirt, black stockings, black boots. I don't know what to do about this.
  • Red, black, white is a little bit too obvy a combination. I like it, but not crazy enough for me.
Total outfit cost: $64

ADDENDUM: While thrifting today, a lady told me I looked like Coco Chanel which is sort of humorous given that I think she is the one who said you should always take one thing away from your getup and all I ever wanna do is ADD ADD ADD. The lady was sort of maybe kinda not exactly all there but, as a rule, when anyone, no matter how kook-a-loo, tells me I look like Coco Chanel, I accept it as Absolute Truth.

2 comments:

  1. this is of course one of my favorite outfits. I could wear it which is probably why isn't crazy enough for you but I give it 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, would you even wear the lace-up combat boots? Cuz I honestly think you'd rock that look.

    ReplyDelete