Monday, May 30, 2011

Periodic Showing of the Knees

I effing hate my knees. Okay that's not true. It would be silly to hate your knees. They just aren't a particularly good feature. But, I refuse to get so wound about them that I won't wear a cute skirt that is a wee tad shorty for me now and then. If I could just figure out how to not constantly try to pull on the damn skirt in a futile attempt to hide the knees, all would be well.

Thrifted:
  • Veetex moss green cableish patterned cardigan $7
  • Random white tshirt $2
  • Mudd chunky heel black boots $10
  • Field Day silkscreened short cotton skirt $6
  • Chunky vintage greenish earrings $2
Not thrifted
  • Target black fishnets $7 (that's two days in a row, yes, it's true)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the picture:
  • While this short of a skirt is not my favorite thing, it doesn't look awful (I think. Does it? I don't know.). Of course, this picture doesn't capture that I am pretty uncomfortable in the short skirt. I've spent the day so far adjusting and pulling and feeling awkward about the extreme knee showage (which, let's be honest, isn't about my knees. it's about me carrying lots of fat around my knees.). So, while I applaud my trying something new, I'm not sure it's worth feeling uncomfortable.
Total outfit cost: $34

AGE-INAPPROPRIATE HAIRDO ALERT: Yeah, I have those dreads in pigtails, like a five year old. So what?

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair! I also wear pony and pig tails and I don't give a fig if others feel it's too young for me. I think they're swell!

    I think the skirt is cute but I agree that if you're feeling self-conscious, it's not a success. I know I feel happier in fuller shortish skirts than straight shortish skirts, somehow they feel less revealing.

    ReplyDelete