Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A little bit rock n roll

Tuesday May 10, 2011 - I think I used to wear jeans and tshirts a lot. But when you're fat, it's really easy for jeans and tshirts to look sort of messy versus merely casual. Or at least that's what I thought. So I stopped.

I'm trying that whole look on again, starting with my SUPER RAD ELVIS COSTELLO TSHIRT. To complete the whole aging rocker look, I paired it with yesterday's make-up. Pretty.

Thrifted:
  • Black Levis $10
  • Vintage man's blue, black, and burgundy plaid blazer $12
Not thrifted:
  • Elvis Costello tour tshirt $30
  • Dr Martens mary janes that I've had for at least ten years which is beyond the statute of limitations for pricing on this blog, therefore $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • You can't see my ankles and feet because a) I am a crap photographer and b) I wasn't pleased with the whole feet area of this outfit. I think I should have worn creepers with white socks instead of mary janes with black socks. I don't know though, cuz I'm kind of always at loss about what shoes to wear with jeans. I like heels but hate that heels-with-jeans look that everyone wears. I think I need a pair of honest-to-goodness combat boots because they DO go with EVERYTHING in my book, but they are hard to come by at thrift stores.
  • Tuck in the shirt? Maybe.
  • I'm still not so sure about jeans and tshirts. I still feel, hmmm, lumpy in them.
Total outfit cost: $52

p.s. yes, I'm gonna stop taking pictures with my cell phone someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment