Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Sprinter." Or maybe we should call it "Wing."

I have weather wardrobe confusion! My internal gauge says it's spring-o-clock, but the weather itself is all hey let's just keep this winter thing around a while more. So I'm all spring-ed out but still have the tights and boots. Fine with me really except that I have these dolled up high-heeled taupe and lavender t-strap spectators that I'm itching to march around in, but the rain keeps me in boots. Some day. But, really, I'm perfectly happy for the sweater weather until, hmm, until forever.

Thrifted:
  • Liz Claiborne silk cardigan with velvet bows/snaps $6
  • Vintage nylon sheer yellow scarf, the kind my mom used to wear. $1
  • White Stag cotton navy blue tank top $4
  • Isaac Mizrahi/Target cotton plaid skirt - orange, yellow, white, blue, more, thrifted/gifted from Allison $0
  • Sweet ivory clip-ons that i got at a flea market on the way home from the inn yesterday $2
  • Skecher butterscotch chunky heel mid-calf boot $10
Not thrifted:
  • Target pale pink tights $7
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the picture:
  • My damn bra. Which you can't see in the photo but I know it's there. It's like a freaking suit of armor and gave me quite the rack all day. But you can't tell by the photo, so I guess is doesn't count.
Total outfit cost: $30

P.S. This post was fueled by a fantastic lean and green dinner of buffalo wing salad, made with Light Life vegetarian buffalo wings (not the breaded kind), arugula, and "bleu cheese" dressing made from non-fat plain greek yogurt, laughing cow lite blue cheese, and a splash of milk. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment