Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hippie Heidi

Sunday May 8, 2011 - Hippie Heidi is what my friend calls this getup. Even though I have dreadlocks, and like peace and stuff, I'm really not a hippie. But, whatevs!

Thrifted:
  • Random white tshirt $2
  • George black cardigan with pearl buttons, $7
  • Chunky heeled mid calf boots with criss cross stitching on the sides $7
  • Vintage bandanna for a headband, $1
  • Plastic and bakelite bracelets, $5
Not thrifted:
  • Black fishnets, Target $7
  • Horsing Around Skirt, ModCloth, $58
  • What Time Is It Deer Watch Necklace, ModCloth, $25
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • This skirt is a little big on me now and I should take it in. It's also not very flattering because of the gathers and volume. But, I still LOVE this skirt and always get compliments on it.
  • I have yet to find the perfect black cardigan. So many wrong ones out there!
Total outfit cost: $112 (This might be my most expensive outfit! I bought the skirt aspirationally when I was first losing weight even though it was way too expensive for my pocketbook. But, I really do love it.)

Of Special Note: It's hard to put my huge amount of dreadlocks in braids but I finally figured how to do it (it only took ten years!).

No comments:

Post a Comment