Sunday, May 29, 2011

Free skirt!

My slender and lovely friend Allison sports a totally unique and funky look that I've always admired. So when she said she had two skirts that were too big for her and did I want them I said yes absolutely I do, sight unseen. This is one of them. I did send two cute too small skirts her way so it was a tradesy thing, but I think I made out damn well.

Thrifted:
  • Worthington rayon/nylon beige cardigan $4
  • Random black cotton v-neck tshirt $3
  • Merona (I KNOW! MERONA!) greens/beige/black/orange pleated skirt (gifted, but previously thrifted I think) $0
  • Vibram mid-calf lace up boots $24
  • Ton of fake pearls, thrifted and previously owned $4
  • Vintage jewel-y pearl clip-ons $2
Not thrifted:
  • Target black fishnets $7
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • I would try not to have a giant effing wrinkle in my skirt when I take a picture.
  • I could probably have used a bright sweater, but I'm at the inn and don't (yet) have duplicates of things here.
Total outfit cost: $44

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog! :) Amy from the MF blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt looks great! And I made the blog! I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete