Friday, May 27, 2011

The Fluevogs

Friday May 27, 2011 - My friend Allison convinced me to buy these pink Fluevog boots at a thrift store in NY last week, and I'm glad she did. They're cool! They fit like a glove and are super comfortable. But, I can't get them on without using my dad's old shoehorn. So when I had to take them off in order to participate in the food fight festivities today (it was an organized food fight and I still have yogurt, flour, and spaghetti behind my ears), I couldn't put them back on. I walked a good number of blocks, took a cab, walked to the train, rode the train, walked more...all in my socks. It was fine! But maybe I should carry a shoehorn when I wear them.

Sorry about the douche-y pose. I have no idea wtf I am doing.

Thrifted:
  • Pale pink tshirt that says "RENO" on it. I love me some Reno, and not just cuz my pal Amy is from there. It's just that it's the biggest little city in the world, for real, just like they say. Anyway, the shirt was $3.
  • Black Levis $10
  • Vintage man's blue, black, and burgundy plaid blazer $12
  • Pink Fluevog boots $35
Not thrifted:
  • Old belt $0
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • My douchey pose, ha ha.
  • It's a Friday getup, for a Friday kind of day. Nothing special! EXCEPT FOR THOSE RAD BOOTS YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF RIGHT THERE.
Total outfit cost: $60

P.S. I can't believe I'm wearing a tshirt that I tucked in with a belt. I even took my jacket off for a while today! Both of which are things that when I was fat(ter), I would never have done. Why? Who cares? I am embarrassed that I wouldn't have done those things in the past and I'm embarrassed that I am now comfortable doing them. Once again, weight is weird. Also, silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment