Monday, May 23, 2011

Dowdy? Snappy?

Monday May 23, 2011 - My folks would have been married 65 years today had they lived (they passed during the past decade). And when I took my picture today I thought I looked like my mother in a weird little way. I mean, she didn't have dreadlocks ha ha, but there's something about the clip-ons and the polka dots that reminds me of her. Of course, with this crapassier-than-usual photograph, you can't freaking see the polka dots but trust me on that one.

Thrifted:

  • Flair Fashion lemon yellow thick wool sweater $7
  • Vintagey polyester white with lime green polka dots sleeveless collared top $2
  • Black with tiny pinhead white polka dots straight lined skirt $5
  • No Boundaries black patent leather low platform pumps with an ankle strap $7
  • Cheap little silver chain/white plastic ball necklace $2
Not thrifted:
  • Black patent leather wide belt $6
  • Old silver square clip-ons $0, onaccountof old-ness
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen this photo:
  • I look kind of dowdy. I didn't feel dowdy, I felt snappy! But huh, I look dowdy. Not my best outfit. Bah.
  • Of course I can't see much in this photo so who knows.
Total outfit cost: $29

No comments:

Post a Comment