Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Declan and me

Monday May 9, 2011 - The mister took me to see Elvis Costello. It was Epic! We had So Much Fun! I wore a Special Occasion Outfit.

Enough with the capitalization. Sorry 'bout that.

Thrifted:
  • Random white tshirt $2
  • Red (acrylic!!!) embellished cardigan (I never buy acrylic sweaters, but this one has proven to be indispensable!) $7
  • Odille indigo tight at the top, swingy at the bottom knee-length skirt $4
  • No Boundaries black patent leather low platform pumps with an ankle strap (turns out, I think, that this is a Walmart brand - who knew? Also, the ankle strap was missing when I bought them so I improvised with a piece of black elastic) $7
  • Plastic and bakelite bracelets $5 (total)
  • Vintage blue plastic bead clip-ons $2
  • 1965 Seattle World's Fair scarf (I ADORE THIS) $1
  • Black patent leather wide belt, $1
Not thrifted: NOTHING, YAY!

What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen this photo:
  • I think the belt looked cute but it was crapppppy and I ended up throwing it away in the restroom because it kept falling off
  • Other than that, nothing!
Total outfit cost: $29 (Extra Awesome And Demanding Of Title Case Accolades!)

I really liked this outfit. So did Elvis Costello, which I know because he picked me out of the crowd to come up on the stage and hang out and also dance in a cage. Proof:

No comments:

Post a Comment