Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alice #3

Wednesday May 25, 2011 - This is the outfit that Alice was totally hopped up on. You can't see in the photo, but she wanted to make sure that I wore beat-up cowboy boots. I did! Promise!

Thrifted:
  • J Crew pretty golden ruffle neck cashmere/mix cardigan that I wear as much as damn possible cuz I dig it so much $7
  • Brown fake leather wide belt $2
  • Harve Benard ivory linen slacks $7
  • Beat-up old brown cowboy boots $10
  • Vintagey shiney chunky vaguely greenish earrings $2
Not thrifted:
  • Notations silk green/blue/ivory checked oversized blouse with ruffley v neckline $0 (cuz it's more than a few years old)
What I would change about this outfit now that I've seen the photo:
  • Even if you could see my shoes and all, I'm effing short. Well, no. But, I have thick short-ish legs and that is that. I always feel longer in slacks than I am. Maybe I need to start wearing heels with slacks. Hmmm.
Total outfit cost: $28

P.S. Yes! I am rocking a side bun right there! With dreadlocks! Who knew? Not sure if I'll do this hairdo too often cuz I do have a bucket of hair and I felt like I was listing to the side a bit with all that hair over there today. Also, the mister says it's "interesting" and that I look "old." Huh. You decide:

2 comments:

  1. Kristine ConnollyMay 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM

    I like everything about this one--especially the side bun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kristine, I bet the side bun looks fandamntastic on you!

    ReplyDelete